Fall of Senior Year
- Continue to work on the Common Application
- Complete your final draft of the Common Application essay and required supplemental essays.
- Work to make the best grades possible as you begin your senior year.
- Meet with your college counselors early and often.
- Attend required senior class college counseling meetings and workshops.
- Meet with college representatives visiting EHS.
- Attend the College Fair. More than 200 colleges are represented.
- Visit colleges throughout the fall. Students may be excused from two days of classes to visit colleges. Fall Break in October is a good time to visit a college.
- Review colleges' application deadlines and other requirements (scholarship deadlines, art supplements, etc.)
Spring of Senior Year
- College Counselors will submit mid-year grades to colleges on behalf of seniors.
- Students are encouraged to work with counselors to express demonstrated interest where important and valued.
- All colleges will release admission decisions on or before April 1.
- If you have been placed on a waitlist, meet with your college counselor to frame an individualized waitlist strategy. Your counselor will be contacting colleges and advocating on your behalf.
- Inform the college in which you will enroll by May 1, the National Candidate's Reply Date.